"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Thursday, August 09, 2007

No. They are not!

It has been announced, nearly two months ago, that the State Department was disbanding a Syrian Destabilization Unit. Nobody commented on this. They said that it will be replaced with a unit that will work with more conformity under American law. I immediately sent a letter to the State Department (knowing that I was being sarcastic) regarding some official government visas they had sent me to process. I asked whether these people ‘were involved in the Syrian Destabilization Unit?’ They answered: ‘No. They are not.’ I never resist being sarcastic when I can.
Imad Mustapha - Syrian Ambassador to the US.

I might have a lot of attitude towards this regime, its foreign policy and most of its officials. But this man has always earned my respect. Mostly through his wonderful blog, but also through his wit.

Read the full interview here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home