"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Sunday, May 20, 2007

وهناك أشياء كثيرة كان يمكن أن يتحدث عنها المرء...

When I close my eyes, and see in the back of my head, images of Palestinians fighting against eachother, of a stateless people dragging themselves into a civil war.
No one can describe this utter feeling of helplessness you feel when you see one of the most genuinely painful Human causes, disintegrating.

I go back to Saadallah Wannous, and quote him, "There are many things that one can talk about..."

Since the first time I watched this movie, and until today, everytime I go back to it, or coincidentally catch a scene of that interview, or just get a flash back of the his voice, everytime I think we have reached a bottom... I realize we are still in descent.

Saadallah Wannous' testimony in that movie makes your teeth clinch no matter how many times you've seen it. It's a testimony of half a century of disappointments... thats our legacy, thats what our fathers handed us, and, most probably thats what we will be handing our children...

I uploaded the movie on Rapidshare for everyone who wants to download it...
Part 1,
Part 2,
Part 3,
Part 4.

It is by far, the most impressive work of Omar Amiralay I had a chance to watch.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yazan,
Can window media player run those movie files, if not what to do to watch these files.

May 21, 2007 6:43 AM

 
Blogger Yazan said...

yes media player can play them, but first you need to unzip them using a program called WinRAR [http://www.rarlab.com/] and then you play the file that is unzipped, if you had a problem playing, then you should download the DivX codecs from here [http://www.divx.com/]

May 21, 2007 9:33 AM

 
Blogger Golaniya said...

thanks Yazan for the post and uploading the movie. I wonder if you have "Al -Towfan" too ;)

May 21, 2007 4:26 PM

 
Blogger Yazan said...

I do, and its amazing, [although this one is still my favorite], i will try uploading it soon... I am having some issues with ripping that DVD...

btw, if your interested in Amiralay's works I think he released a box set [I have an unofficial version of it through a friend of his] with all his films. Or is about to release it, you should ask, they most probably have it in lebanon... He has amazing works in there, like "on a day of casual violence, my friend Michel Seurat" and "The man with the golden shoes" and "The Chickens"... its a shame his works are not available in syria.

May 21, 2007 9:41 PM

 
Blogger Sarah said...

hey, just discovered your blog by accident and was so looking fwd to watching this movie, as I have been wanting to see this for quite a while. but now the file's gone... :(

March 25, 2008 7:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home