"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Another kind of love affairs...

It's amazing when something u've been practicing/feeling for the whole of ur life gets manifested in a very simple form, very few, definitive words. like, I'm obsessed with Symmetry.

Simple and plain, yet, it took me more than 20 years, and flights back and forth to as far as Tokyo, to discover it, in an empty train from Chofu-station to Tobitakyu-station.

I'm obsessed with symmetry, lines, things... it makes me happy to see parallel lines of anything... parallel lines of hand holders in a train... or just a symmetric line of trees.

When I read a web page, a consensual reflex is to double click the word exactly in the middle of the line am reading... so that it gets highlighted.

When I read a book, half an eye is always looking for the word that makes a perfect symmetry in the line...

It was as if i had just re-discovered fire.. as silly and unimportant it may seem... it was one of the few discoveries about myself lately that didn't depress me, but rather cheered me up.

5 Comments:

Blogger dancing solo said...

Yazen, I am kind of the same way. at one point of my life I thought I had OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder), but I guess it was not that bad. Anyway, I guess loving symmetry is from loving perfection.

Nice blog, keep up the good work

Salaam

January 21, 2007 5:49 AM

 
Anonymous Roba said...

Yeah. I feel you! I love symmetry too.. Read about Bauhaus.

January 21, 2007 1:47 PM

 
Blogger Sam... said...

I think Symmetry is a great thing...
it indicates Perfection.

what is more beautiful than a symmetric body, shape, drawing,...anything...

Cheers

January 21, 2007 7:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no doy, but we're not trying to let YOU KNOW WHO know about that
-A

January 21, 2007 7:29 PM

 
Blogger Mirzade said...

i hate symmetry !!! i think it just kills anything ... to me every thing is way more beautifull wen it dosent have any forme os symmetry in it !!
u know how i am right

January 23, 2007 5:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home