"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Friday, September 15, 2006

In support of those who refused to be silenced...

I wished I could say that this is a statement by... "Syrian Bloggers", but apparently it's not,

Regardless,

The updated high profile Syrian prisoners list include Mahmoud Issa, Michel Kilo, Khalil Hasan, Anwar el Bunni, Suleiman al-Shamar, Ali Abdallah, Mohammed Ali Abdallah, Kamal Labwani, Fateh Jamous, Habib Saleh and Aref Dalila.

It is easy to become complacent and resign oneself to the fact it all seems hopeless. But, at least, in honor of those few who believed that it is NOT hopeless, that this country has a better future beyond corruption and dogma.

We owe it to these prisoners of conscience and we owe it to the future of our country to keep pushing for their release.

We are all Free Syrians and We deserve a fair justice system, free speech and better policies.


Blogs who support this statement...

Fares - Free Syria
Syrian Brit - The Syrian Brit

Abu Kareem - Levantine Dreamhouse

Yaser - Roneceve
Philip I - Via Recta


I find myself reading the great Saad Allah Wannous again,
كيف نعيش حياتنا اليومية ونساكن هذا الرعب الذي يتربص بنا هنا... والآن؟ أي صملاخ بليد يحجب عن أسماعنا الصراخ والأنين, كي نواصل نومنا كل ليلة! أي ذاكرة مثقوبة تلك التي تتيح لنا أن نتناسى الآلاف الذين يهترئون في السجون هنا... والآن! هذا عار يكاد يلامس التواطؤ. من خوفنا, وغفلتنا, وصمتنا يغزل الجلاد سياطه. ومن خوفنا, وغفلتنا, وصمتنا تغصّ بنا السجون, تغدو الحياة هنا والآن كابوساَ من الجنون والرعب.

3 Comments:

Blogger Fares said...

TY Yazan, great post and I am sure the people who can't post this message are with us on this.

I am going to update the list soon on my blog if you want to keep your list updated

September 16, 2006 7:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mahmoud Issa, Michel Kilo, Khalil Hasan, Anwar el Bunni, Suleiman al-Shamar, Ali Abdallah, Mohammed Ali Abdallah, Kamal Labwani, Fateh Jamous, Habib Saleh and Aref Dalila.

I am not as brave as these courageous people but I am wholeheartedly with them. I cannot post this message on my blog because I am in Syria.

September 22, 2006 4:43 AM

 
Blogger Fares said...

Yazan, down to 5!
Jamous is out, who is next?

October 13, 2006 7:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home