"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Friday, June 16, 2006

scatters

[every one of these thoughts is a complete independent entity, with absolutly no relation to the next or the previous one]


I'm the kind of person who develops an emotional relationship with the city, I did. I hate Tokyo.

Hate, that's not the worst feeling of it all, for me at least... for, every "Hate" still holds somehow, somekind of "Love" like every other strong feeling.

The worst thing anyone can say to me would be, "I dont love you anymore", the status of "Nothing", it kills me, deep inside it kills me.

How can color or smell, produce tears?

What is self-destruct exactly?

Why are people who demand equality between males and females called "feminists"??? isn't it weird... they're not calling for a feminin rule.

Jerry Sinfield and Steve Jobs are both half syrians btw.

It's amazing how people who cant dream, always try to slip you off yours. even if unconsciously...

In the time span of only 11 minutes u can relive the 6 million years u've lived on this earth, that's not the surprising part. the shocking part is that few people give a fuck.

I read that Aristotle once said that life and death are the same thing,
Now, I'm gonna go head and say Artistotle, tough break my friend, ur wrong.
When life has nothing more to give you, death will always give you another "first", another knowledge, experience of a definite unknown, I feel sad for those who feel that life and death can be the same thing at any giving moment.

The last time I smiled from my heart was 2 days ago n the train, i was reading Bernard Werber's "Empire of the ants" and he asks how can u make 4 triangles out of 6 matches, I smiled cuz I knew, even before I read the guideline "Think differently..."..

I said somewhere that love is just another formula... It's somehow true now, u see, I know 2 people who found a very simple mathematical definition..
1+1=3 <=> the intersection point of 2 "different" "parallel" lines.
This is their Love Formula.

AND YES, I do realize that now both Aristotle and Euclide hate me...

What is YOUR reason?

I hate lens, I love glasses.

I do have somekind of emotional attachment to the Azzuri, ever since I was 8 in 1994 and cried my heart out when Baggio missed that penalty, 1998, 2000, 2002... I donno what it is, but it's definitley not about football... maybe that July 17th night... That World Cup holds the most vivid memories of my childhood.

I'm not a football fan.

The worst thing in the past 2 months is that I've been forced to be conscious the whole time...

7 Comments:

Anonymous Sleepless in the north said...

Yazan!
What a wonderful and sensitive person you are! I started reading your blog months ago; I already "like" you and feel that I know you! I've had such great friends when I was in Syria; such thinkers, such humans; such dreamers, and we have all ended in different countries around the world, many have given up the pursue; whereas I'm still running after "it" !!!! Those dreams are the only thing that ties me strongly to life; as long as I keep following them; I will cling to life. Death and life are not the same; at least we know by now what life is all about, death still has that "excitement of the unknown"!
(P.S I'm not a religious person and I hope I don't get comments from other readers telling me what's written in the holy books; I know all of that, thank you in advance)

What you said touched me deeply:

"It's amazing how people who cant dream, always try to slip you off yours. even if unconsciously"

This is so true; I live it daily and fight it consciously and unconsciously!
I've been meaning to ask you about Tokyo! I don't mean , asking what the city looks like and how beautiful it is, but asking WHY YOU AVOID TALKING ABOUT IT HERE? it started to attract my attention that you rarely talk about Japan and your life there: Your posts; your thoughts, your comments on other blogs are all about Syria! You make me have tears, I swear to you, when I see such a patriot! I wanted to leave a comment for you about that guy who questioned your patriotism, but actually didn't know what to write - something like , "Oh, Yazan, you are a patriot, don't listen to him!" Anything I'd have written ; would have seemed dull and meaningless!
You are a wonderful human, an awesomely smart person, and a great writer. I'm a big fan of your blog: ONLY IN YOUR "STUPID CORNER" ; I FEEL AND REMEMBER HOW WONDERFUL IT IS TO HAVE DREAMS AND TO FIGHT FOR THEM!

I have left several comments for you here and there; I'm a lurker who doesn't like writing comments a lot. Most of what you write moves me in a way that I feel like writing afterwards "No COMMENT"!
Be safe and happy!

June 16, 2006 8:29 AM

 
Blogger Ihsan said...

I enjoyed reading your scattered thoughts Yazan :)

June 16, 2006 2:22 PM

 
Blogger Yazan said...

@Sleepless n the north,
Thank you so much, mm, ur comment really made my day.. thank you so much, u somehow lifted me up.

I donno why I dont wrie about tokyo, i donno if it's patriotism as u put it, I like to consider myself human before syrian, but it's mostly because this city didnt really offer me space nor peace that i thought it would. it offered a pure breath-taking everyday struggle to adapt and cope... it drains me, every single day...
I don't like this city. it's off my fantasy places.
Dreams are exactly the one thing that keeps my clinging to life too... thats so true..

Welcome here, and again, thank you for ur beautiful feelings, and comment...

@Ihsan,
thanx buddy, have a great summer back home :)

June 16, 2006 4:56 PM

 
Blogger Mirzade said...

<=> i could see...
Maya...

June 16, 2006 11:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great one Yaz!!!!!
loved it...finally i agree with you....
i have nothing to say..but you'll get used to Tokyo..
Tso

June 16, 2006 11:55 PM

 
Blogger Omar said...

sometime I wonder how you can come up with such original thoughts..
you're a smart guy Yazan (as if you didn't know it before :P)

June 21, 2006 12:59 PM

 
Blogger Yazan said...

thank you Omar, thank you so much... :)

June 21, 2006 3:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home