"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Thursday, April 13, 2006

The happy kid from japan.


Classes Started.
I:m in a G-rated class. [classes are rated from A-H, where A are the ones who scored the less on the japanese language aptitude test, and H is the highest]. The aptitude test is actually not about how much japanese u know, it's about ur ability to understand the language structure, and to cope with it, and how fast u can do it.

That's the "good" news.
The bad news are, I'm the idiot of the class, cuz everybody seems so "japanese language expert" they all know both Hiragana and Katakana, while i donno shit. and since we're G-rated, the teachers dont say a word in english, leaving me "metl al-atrash belzaffeh". just staring in idiocy. listening to background noise that seems to have actuall meaning for everybody else.
I'm feeling like the time I fucked up in Mikhael's physics class in bakaloria [ask maad about it ya3ni]. ALL DAY. when it's my turn, I just open the books of meaningless hard to draw shapes and I freez. the teachers are still kind enough to just smile and repeate what seems like 101 japanese.
It's been a while since I felt this stupid. Since I couldnt grasp a SINGLE info through 5hrs of classes everyday.
We start learning Kanji next week. for those of u not familiar with KANJI. check the table below. this is one part of the Kanjis we're supposes to have by the end of this year.



UPDATE:
I just did the scholarship web registration thing. and it seems that they've "misspelled" my name in every paper in japan.
"Misspelled" is the real and proper mathematical equivalant of "Fucked up my week", cuz now I have to do all the paperwork all over again. lovely.

Other than that, I'm all perfect.

8 Comments:

Blogger Omar said...

Before you know it you will be able to recognize certain words, and soon after you be better at Japanese than the locals. I actually thought they would teach the courses in English. Speaking of Japanese here’s a little story for you. It actually happened here are work. Apparently Japanese executives were visiting our plant from Toyota. During the meeting, one of the Japanese guys turns to the other and says in Japanese “these white guys are so stupid, they don’t know anything.” Problem for them is, our sales manager speaks Japanese, something they didn’t know. So at the end of the meeting the sales guy starts speaking Japanese to them, and from what I heard, they looked pretty embarrassed. Moral of the story: Learning Japanese is good, especially if you want to tell what people are saying about you.

April 13, 2006 10:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey man!
it's ok, you'll get used to it,well hope so hahaha
you are smart enough to learn that language.
juat work hard (bayed yejna)!!
study hard
i'm praying for you
write evrything happens with you ok?!
Tsol

April 13, 2006 11:55 PM

 
Blogger Eve said...

come to think of it, it may have been better if you scored more like A or B :)
don't worry, I don't think they would have put you there if you really dont have the ability to cope.
you'll be fine, happy kid :)

April 14, 2006 4:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Yaz... Mekhayel's gonna retired in TWO monthes.. ;)
miss you smart ass...it's always tough in the beginning but it'll be alright...hang on there...
hmm try some of those learn Japaniese on the web thingies? they may work out for you...
miss you loads..
take care
Lujain

April 16, 2006 12:43 AM

 
Blogger Zena said...

Hey,
I'm glad ur ok. Make the most of it.
Miss u

April 16, 2006 2:24 AM

 
Blogger Zaher said...

hey Yaz
no7aey somadak ... don't worry by the end of your first month you'll say "mbayneh..." learning languages is the funniest thing in the world ..you'll never find anything more fun .
after finishing my german classes i'm willing to learn some japanese .. so shed 7elak bedak tsa3edny :D

April 17, 2006 7:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to read your posts again, Yazan! Honestly,I envy you for starting to learn such a language, good for you!
Wish you the best luck and looking forward for reading more posts on one of my favorite Syrian blogs!
Take care

April 18, 2006 4:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

April 21, 2006 9:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home