"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Me. Recommends.

Me. Recommends. New. Old. Discoveries.

Laco Tayfa - Laco Tayfa... Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful. Turkish Music with a BRILLLLIANT western-style sound editing.

Soap Kills - Bater... A Lebanese electro-rythem band with a beautiful Arabization. music that will go deep inside

From Me To Blue...The Beatles [Covers], going JAZZ.

Arielle Dambasle - Amor Amor... With covers of songs like Besame Mucho. "Amor Amor" is my favorite album for a while now.

Ziad Rahbani - Behalshakel... a Live concert. absolutly magical music.


Me. Recommends. Unique. All. Time. Favorites.

A-Ha - Lifelines... it's always there somehow.

Damien Rice - O... The merciless stiff side of Music with the most delicate and soft pieces.

Dido - No Angel... Forget "White Flag" forget all her pop stupid music. This album is a unique piece of ART, Dido's magical voice with Rollo's beautiful sound editing. Brilliant Brilliant.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californication... My never-dying classic piece of ROCK.

Placebo - Sleeping With Ghosts... Very Very solid memories.

Pink Floyd - The Wall... no need to explain.

Keane - Hopes and Fears... Soft Rock that'll sweep u offfff.

Travis - The Invisible Band... Nights and Nights spent studying stupid trigonometry and listening to this particular album.

7 Comments:

Blogger phoenician said...

oh i am really glad to see that u r back ...and i feel sooooooooooo stupid ..but it is just that i am not so expert in all computers and internet stuff
welcome back

March 18, 2006 8:33 PM

 
Blogger Sou said...

I've got: Keane and Travis, but...

WHERE THE HELL IS COLDPLAY ON YOUR LIST?!!

I'm never speaking to you again! *kicks Yaz in the knee for not including Coldplay*

March 19, 2006 5:43 AM

 
Blogger Zaher said...

Soup kills are great
try listening to Sheftak its also special
And Where the hell is Dido >|
Damine Rice is the best ..
rock on

March 20, 2006 6:29 AM

 
Blogger Omar said...

Soap kills are awsome.. I listened to the when I was in New York last month.. and I've been trying to find their stuff everywhere since then.. I think I will have to ask someone to get it for me from Damascus..

oh.. and Ziad's Bihalshakl is one of the best records I listened to in a long time (I wanted to say in my life.. but it souned too general).. I am only pissed off cos I don't have a tape recorder anymore, and I only have the record on a tape..

since yo useem to like the music I listen to, try Dhaffer Youssef, Tawfik Farroukh, Mazzy Star, Tricky, and Hewar (a Syrian oriental Jazz group.. they're my friends so my testimony is not without bias.. but their music is really good).

oh.. and of course.. no need to talk about Pink Floyd :)
try to get the latest David Gilmour CD, since you're travelling soon, it will help amplify all feelings os nostalgia you might be getting into.. (kind of a self torture thing.. I amplified my first year's feelings on Ziad's Hodou2 nisbi... you can imagine how nihilistic I was in that year.... )

March 21, 2006 3:36 AM

 
Blogger Yazan said...

@Sou
Coldplay are great but they don't have an "impact" on me as a person. These do.

@Zaher
7a2ak 3alaye, wallahi... DIDO - No ANGEL
And I have Cheftak, bas I didn't listen to it quite well lessa.

@Omar
Ziad is BRILLIANT. I'm proud to say that I have every sound piece he ever made, except the sounds ya3ni he makes in the bathroom or bedroom. no really, I have everything he released and all his radio shows. I'm a "collector"

Will definitley try some of these music.

March 21, 2006 6:46 AM

 
Blogger Sou said...

But Yaz...they're COLDPLAY!! COLDPLAY I TELL YOU!!

March 28, 2006 4:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
Cheap car rental online http://www.lipitorcheap.info/zocor-b-complex.html Generic xanax c.o.d.

December 02, 2006 10:56 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home