"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Friday, December 02, 2005

Palestine...

I never want to get into a discussion about the Palestinian issue, because, most definitley I will be misunderstood... and I would definitley never blog about it, this -nonetheless- is too intersting to ignore...

People want to know what I, a Jewish guy, think about Israel.

I want to make something clear. I live in New York. I am from New York. I do not have a right and do not want a right to "return" to Israel. I never was there. I want to skip all the arguments about whether or not today's Jews descend from the people of the Old Testament. I don't care if I do or I don't. It doesn't matter nor should it.

The territory that is known to many as Palestine had been peopled by Arabic speaking folks for centuries, mainly they were Muslims, many were Christians, and a few of them Jewish too. Most of those people were kicked out of their lands and homes in 1948 by people like David Ben Gurion and Ariel Sharon and more were expelled in 1967. They are the ones who have a right to return, not me.

No Comment.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eugene Weixel said...

Thank you for your link to my site, and your kind words. I got a chance to scan your site. I am very concerned about US/Israeli threats against Syria.

December 03, 2005 9:18 PM

 
Anonymous promises said...

With all my respect to Mr.Weixel, but it isnt enough to admit the apartheid Israel has been practising for the last 50 years, but rather action must be taken.

I do not know you so I cannot judge what you have been doing(and I certainly dont have the right to as well), but since the subject has been raised I'm concerend with the actions one is prepared to do upon such an acknowledgement. So if I may ask (and I dont mean to be intruding here): What actions have been taken upon this statement?

December 04, 2005 3:30 PM

 
Blogger Catherine said...

I am glad to hear that..It's important for me, and other arabs to hear jews who have hearts when it comes to Palestine..

December 06, 2005 6:50 AM

 
Blogger Eugene Weixel said...

To promises:

I appreciate your question. I'm sort of stumped as to what to do beyond my telling the truth about Israel, Palestine, "The Holocaust" etc.

Maybe were I a younger man I could take myself to Gaza with ISM. If you've read my blog you know a lot about my circumstances.

I'm open to advice.

April 27, 2006 8:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home