"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Mabrouk, Ramadan Kareem Indeed!

He committed 'suicide'...
I'm not gonna discuss this obviously controversial issue, cause it doesn't really matter... what matters is that a huge burdon has been lifted, a very powerful man had passed out, one that ruled Lebanon for over 20 years, one that manipulated Syria for a lot longer than that...
I'm not really sad for his death, I donno how that goes along with my extreme pro-life opinions, I can't explain, it's not happiness rather than relief...
well, he's one of the few Old Guards left in power, so this should open new oppurtunities for reform...
This might be as well the regime's final shot, I personally believe it's all part of a deal with the US and France, it makes sense that way...
Another chance is given, let's seize this, it's time for the President to show us what he's really made of, I still have hope... he did a good interview on CNN today, I was particularly intersted in his statement about the chance of handing syrian officials to an international court, this is difinitley a deal...

the funny this is, I got today like 4 SMSs all saying the same thing... "Mabrouk, Happy Ramadn"... what a brilliant camouflage guys!!!

let us all hope for the best...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you really believe that the so-called old guard are the sole obstacle for reform in our beloved corrupt syria...I don't think so! I'd say don't put your hopes on the new guard for reforming the country my friend, it's this same new guard (bashar, maher, asef and rami makhlouf, I'd like to call them the fantastic four) who has been stealing and ripping off the counrty under the sun and ironically in the name of reform!
I'm definitely not sad because they murdered kanaan, hopefully they all finish each other off.
Is it true that he shot himself 5 times in the head ;-)

October 13, 2005 5:26 AM

 
Blogger Ihsan said...

There is no such a thing as the "old" and the "new" guards! I don't think that people like Kanaan were/are more powerful than the president!

The term of the old guards is an excuse to keep things the way they are!

Let's see the outcome of this suicide! which by the way, I found it a politically-stupid thing to do at this time!

October 13, 2005 5:28 PM

 
Blogger leanordharolds95627388 said...

I really enjoyed your blog. This is a cool Website Check it out now by Clicking Here . I know that you will find this WebSite Very Interesting Every one wants a Free LapTop Computer!

October 14, 2005 12:00 PM

 
Blogger Sinan said...

Kana'an was definitely one of the old guards and we were all looking forward to see his end, it didn't come the way that I at least hoped was, suiciding or getting shot is surely not a fair end to such a person... Like Yaz I am also looking forward to see what’s the next step, will our president prove the world wrong and do the right thing or will it be another disappointment?? I wonder. However I do agree with Ihsan that this so called suicide is certainly a huge political-mistake.

October 15, 2005 4:15 AM

 
Blogger Sharks said...

One is gone...how many left to go?!

On the bases of live n' let live...i don't care if they lived forever if they let us live...n' what about all the political prisoners?!...don't they deserve to live?!...so no matter how good the interview was...still so many things need to be done...enough talking already!...

October 15, 2005 8:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home