"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Monday, October 03, 2005

Damascus, Not always so nice!

I don't like you, at least not at the moment! Definitely not at the moment..
2 days of screw ups, and mass punishment... [I'm the masses here!!]

Saturday, a very young and spirited boy arrives at the pullman stop in damas, and leaves without the least notice of how dirty and repulsive this area is... the high spirit has got to have sth to do with it...
Saturday afternoon, a personal catastrophe, that I'm definitely not discussing here!
the only upside, was hanging out with a brilliant band of losers, with 2 brilliant guitarists playing "7ewar al-seesan - Dialogue of Chicks" in some park in Qassa3... no matter how screwed ur gig is/was, u guys count for sth... [but maybe not together!!!]

Sunday, woke up into yet another personal disaster, and who says that once in a lifetime can't happen twice...
then, a Syrian Bloggers meetup, I know it's just me, but I expected to have a lot more fun meetup, my well-fucked 2 days had that magical effect, and the closed cafe atmosphere, the whole choice of place in the middle of Mezzeh Highway!!!... I donno.. I only talked with Zena, Ihsan and Amr... the rest looked sooo freakishly far away, and busy with their own conversations... The 2nd half of the meetup was soo much better, we actually got into conversations... but it was like I was through with this city and was determined not to have fun!! after the meetup, I was certainly not in the mood for a rock concert... headed home
All this ends, in a rather caricatural way for the reader, but very painful for ME!!! I go to the same travel agency I've been travelling with for years, and it's 10:10pm, the next bus is 11:30!!, Allah 3ama 3ala 2alby and I bought a ticket, naturally strolling through what I discovered to be the most repulsive area of all time, I hear someone calling on Latakia 10:30... at this moment, I remember that there's actually OTHER companies who have buses to Latakia, I go back to cancel my ticket, they refuse, we get into a "Dialogue", after a couple of shouts, they cancel, I go to buy one at the 10:30, and they're sold out... 2mins, and they're sold out... the next bus at ALL the other companies is 12pm... I go back with my tail between my legs to get my 11:30 ticket back... a brilliant final touch by Mr. Gee Oooh Dee!

Now, I'm sitting here, I'm tired, I'm bruised, I've survived 2 emotional crash downs, sitting in my small room, in this small flat [which is, if anybody's still wondering "My Stupid Corner"], in this peacful, white and sooo very much asleep city of Latakia...
I'm thankful for everyone who got me through those 2 days alive... Alaa and his rock band [I'm sorry, I couldn't see u guys on "Stage"], syrian bloggers and especially Zena, Ihsan and Amr... the uplifting call from my mom [who actually discovered later that night that she hasn't forgotten her wedding ring back home]...

I should seriously get some sleep now...

5 Comments:

Blogger Zena said...

I am so happy that you made it home safely, I'm going to miss you.
If I have known that you had such two bad days, I would have done my best to cheer you up.
I asked you yesterday if you were happy in the meeting and you said that it didn't sink in yet, well I guess I got my answer.

I know that you didn't like the location but to me the idea of all the bloggers getting together was the main idea. Next time it will be in Lattakia ;)

It is true that we didn't get the chance to talk to the rest of the group, but in general I had fun, and sitting with you, Ihsan and Amr was worth it.

Anyway take care and look at the bright side, you saw us ;)

October 03, 2005 8:14 PM

 
Blogger damdom said...

hay...no matter how messy those two days seem... it's always fun in damascus....
next time in lattakia??!! guess ur kidding zena... but if ur not... welcome, i think that the next meetup should be after Eid...right??
happy Ramadan..

October 04, 2005 4:59 PM

 
Blogger Ghalia said...

Umm, I’m really sad cuz u had all these tortures in Damas…anyway 7amdallah 3ala el salameh:), I really wanted to talk with u the last meet-up, and all of the group of course, but I donno, it was u in particular, I even asked Zena to have our next meet-up on a round table!! If there is such a place in Lattakia so yalla, next meet-up should be there:) cheers.

October 04, 2005 6:49 PM

 
Blogger Sharks said...

Some bad days u had here ha?!...maybe next time we'll try to be more like freakishly nice!...

i've been reading u'r blog for a while now...i was waiting till i finish it before i make a comment on it...especially the Lebanese comment issue!...but what the hek...i can finish reading it latter...it's one of the nicest blogs around here...keep it up!...

October 08, 2005 11:28 PM

 
Blogger Dina said...

Yazan I'm really sorry you didn't have such a good time in Damascus and at the meet up. I too felt far away from your half of the table. Inshallah next time we'll make better seating arrangements :)

October 09, 2005 6:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home