"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Friday, September 30, 2005

Raining in Homs!

A long lost feeling of vulnerability just pulled itself over me,
Suddenly.. RAIN, I haven't walked and got swamped like this since last [obviously...], I'm all wet and soaked out...

I'm a really happy person today... the streets are empty... and I'm walking with Travis' "Last Train" beating in my ear... and it's raining like hell... and a little feeling of coldness... it feels like ur gonna start crying!!! just like ur in love, yet u're not...!!! I'm in love, yet I'm NOT... I'm just aone really happy person...

I haven't felt this way for this city for a while... maybe cuz I've seen it naked for the first time, naked of all ppl, cars and crowds...
or maybe cuz everything looks far better in the rain!

whatever it is, Homs was brilliantly beautiful today!!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Stellar said...

Heavy Rain does have that effect. It's gorgeous. I totally agree with you on that one.

I've always loved to get soaked in the rain but not really alone. I'd rather have somebody with to share the fun with :D

Glad to hear you'r enjoying it.

September 30, 2005 2:45 AM

 
Blogger Zena said...

Well, I hope it rains here to, so I can enjoy the same feeling ur having.

Happy to know ur HAPPY.

September 30, 2005 3:39 AM

 
Anonymous Abeer said...

it also rained on my way from Irbid today!! i was really upset. but the rain hek cheered me up.. i love this feeling!!
Oh i wish i was home to get the chance to smell the wet ground!! i love that smell!! but it didn't rain in Amman! i was so lucky i wasn't in amman yet!
the bus was passing by some village at the time and there were some kids playing outside.. and they were opening their mouths up to the sky trying to catch some raindrops! i do that myself!! i like that feeling!
that scene made my day! :D
i can't wait till it rains again.. this time in Amman :)

September 30, 2005 4:20 AM

 
Blogger Sou said...

Ahh...

"Kiss the Rain" by Billie Myers came to mind!

And it's gr8 that you're feeling happy! Insha2alla 3alatool! :*

September 30, 2005 12:00 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oiiiii man.. i hate u!! lol.. i miss dat feeling!! nothing is more stunning 4 me than 2 walk in da empty streets under da rain!! ur makin me cry!!
{M!zz $wEeT & SoFt}

October 01, 2005 5:02 AM

 
Blogger Ammar said...

Allah Yhanneek Ya 3ammi!!

I just wish the same for Beirut :-(

October 01, 2005 7:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home