"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Friday, July 22, 2005

a nice day at the beach... ;)

HEY everyone..
today was absolutly brilliant..., I had to do sth to get out of my blue(ness)... soo I volunteered in this Clean the Syrian Coast campaign...
it was nice doing some really useful sth every once in a while, especially that I KEEP complaining about how dirty our beaches...
anyways... in brief.. we gathered at the sports city, ofcours I went there with only a friend [everybody was going in groups depending on there party and stuff...]
NabiH Ismail [chairman of the Latakia baath party branch] gave us a lectur about how to face zionism, imperialism [and I'm sure he wanted to take about lebanism]... a speech that stirred a lot of clapping everytime one the clapping keywords appear [baath, 8 march, refa2, munadeleen... etc.....]..
only there when I realized that only like 10% of the ppl there are real volunteers... cuz the rest were [mu3askarat shabibet althawra and other party related ppl.... iti7ad 3am nisa2y... everthing they could get..]

I met some ppl there from highschool.. I joined them on their bus, to find out that I was in the Syrian Nationals bus... that was a surprise.. I mean, nothing against Syrian Nationals, but I never had real contact with any of em as an organisation... this was my first time... and I gotta say that I was pretty impressed, they're very well organized, and very disciplint... + they're extremely friendly and fun to be around... I had a really nice day cleaning the souther corniche of latakia... part of it I think, is because they loved tthat work, they weren't forced to be here, they wanted to... I respect that...
when we were finishing cleaning that area.. the "shabibet al-thawra" finally arrived.. they came down.. did one or 2 of these "nizam mondam" and went back... I wasn't really surprised..

It was a lot of hardwork... a lot of dirty bags and disgusting stuff... but it was worth it...
down sides... ppl from the street above us started throwing empty bottles at us... How careless can ppl be?!?!???! ha... some of their kids threw stones and little rocks...!!!!! it makes ya think that it isn't enough to just change the regime... u need to dig all this rotten community up again...

all in all... it a was a much needed experience... although I had a lot of criticism for volunteering in a MAS group sponsored event... and my reply to everyone who agrees with such criticism, is what I always say... I would ally with the devil himself if it would help this country get ONE notch up....

yalla, cheers everyone...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Baher said...

It’s really nice of you to volunteer for that kind of work.
Thank you on behalf of others :)

July 22, 2005 11:21 PM

 
Blogger Dina said...

ya3tik el 3afieh Yazan :) I wish I had been able to participate.

July 23, 2005 4:46 AM

 
Blogger damdom said...

well i really envy ya, i was planning to be there but unlucky me i had to stick to my family cuz they're leaving for couple of weeks,but i really think it was nice, n u know what ppl ur talikng about ...i mean those who mock at u when doing sth ordinary , r not to blame.... cuz once again every ORDINARY thing has become an EXTRAORDINART in this dear country.. better luck next time...i guess in ten years maybe....

July 24, 2005 2:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home