"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

At last.. a chance to BLOG!!!!

yeah, back in lattakia for one quick night.. then Damas again.. [I feel like Ibn Battuta the last couple weeks]..
I got a lot of stuff to talk about.. a lot of stuff happened last week, I needed my blog, unfortunatly I didn't have a regular internet access so...

I'll just put some thoughts... my layouts that will never get into shape..

Live8 Concert.. it was nice, though MBC4 didn't miss one oppurtunity to blow off my favorite bands [no wonder I hate that channel], they couldn't have picked any worse scenes, missing on Travis, Placebo, half of Pink Floyd, REM... etc... anyways.. I saw Pink Floyd when the were singing "Comfortably Numb".. and OMG, Roger was absolutly breathtaking... and the scenes from The Wall couldn't have fit any better... Thumbs Up, after all these years, ur still the BEST!!

Latest syrian actions on the lebanese borders are totally hillarious... I mean don't ya guys get the picture here, Jack Shirac is not content with syrian govt. performance and cooperation, u really think that this is the right response..?!?????! closing the borders?! we got total dickheads running our cabinet!!! Shirac was the one to put syria out of its international isolation back in the 90s, and he's the only capable of doing that again NOW!!...

Talking bout Lebanese racism against Syrians... well, there was.. it's obvious, but i can understand that [I disagree with it, I condemn it, but I understand it], the thing is I don't understand why Syrians feel this way towards Lebanese?!!! don't tell me it's because of the last year... that's ONE lame excuse, the only response to the Closed Borders flashing news was, "Beystahlo... Nakrin al-jamil"!!!... I think we all need to rethink our attitudes...

I wateched "Le Fabuloux Destin d'Ameli Poulin" for the 7th time last week... and I was still stunned... Audrey Tauttou is simply stunning... can't wait to see her and Tom Hanks in "The Davinci Code", I loved the novel... and with Tauttou and Hanks in the movie... that's like heaven...

Again, I managed to hurt someone today... real bad [I think]... well, i didn't mean to... it happened.. I said sth as a joke.. it turned out it wasn't soo funny... and... OOPS, if ur still reading this blog S. I'M SORRY!!! I'm no bigshot... I'm a stupid fuck-ass loser... sorry AGAIN!!!

I'm supposed to be soo happy today.. cuz I called the cultural attache at the japanese embassy today, and she told me that I practically got the OK, and the interview is a just a routine, to get to know me a bit... but I donno I don't feel like jumping around... I hate that in me...!!!! I donno why.. I just go for the worst scenarios... today it was "The UN imposes sanctions on Syria, and Japan ends all culturla treaties with us... and thus old stupid me gets stuck with first year in Informatics here, cuz he's sooo stupid to pass that 1st year"... well I still donno if I actually passed... but that's my worst scenario now... (let alone mom's reaction when she knows I broke her mirror... I was hoping the Japan thingy would make us tie)... well... let's hope our cabinet isn't stupid enough to blow my chances...

yalla, cheers everbody..

11 Comments:

Blogger Sinan said...

wow at last :D
I wanted to see live8 but didn't have the chance I was actually dying to see Pink Floyd on action again :( anyway I totally agree with you these guys are the best.
As for why the Syrian hate the Labaneese, I think this is a pretty normal reaction to the Lebaneese arrogance, even before the 80's they used to look down on us. Anyway I have nothing against their hatred against us as long as they don't took us for our government and obviously they always do that.
As for the Da Vinci code movie I can't wait to see it I am sure it's going to be mind blowing.
And Good luck man I hope you'll get your chance and go to Japan :)

July 12, 2005 8:13 PM

 
Blogger Tolerant Damascene said...

Audrey rocks in Ameli. It's one of my favorite movies ever.

I agree with you on the Lebanese and Syrians reactions. Lebanese hated us for a reason, but I don't think we have so much of an elibigle reason to hate them the way some Syrians do.
It could also be sectarian hatred. Not so uncommun in this part of the world.

and oh, good luck on whatever you're planning to do :)

July 13, 2005 8:38 AM

 
Blogger Yazan said...

@sinan.. thx,
about lebanon... I think ur overrating the way lebanese look down on us... I mean, Tripoli actually demonstrated in the 50s and 40s to be a part of Syria.. but after the 70s I don't think even Congo wants to be a part of syria..

@ayman... I totally agree with u, and I wouldn't rule out the sectarian reason.. but I don't personally think that there is one...
and thx... good luck for u too... ;)

July 14, 2005 11:54 PM

 
Blogger Ihsan said...

I agree with you about the Lebanese matter. Let’s put ourselves in their shoes for 30 years and see it feels! They maybe overreacted and still are, but to close the borders, it wasn’t a smart thing to do! But, hell, when was the last time we did something smart!

Good luck with the Japan thingy, as far as I know; there should be more than one interview. To eliminate some people I guess!

Cheers,

July 16, 2005 9:35 PM

 
Blogger Tolerant Damascene said...

By the way Front Bumper, I'm not Ayman. I don't know why many people call me Ayuman after I reply to their posts.

Who's Ayman?

July 18, 2005 4:18 PM

 
Blogger Oz said...

hmmmm, yeah u r not ayman.
his blog was: damascene.blogspot.com.
I've to Much to say, let's begin by "shirac", His Name is: Jacques Chirac. Then Audrey Tautou! Le fabuleux Destin D'amelie poulain, and so on...lol
I don't know why u like this film, I think this is the more naive file i've never seen! anyway this is ur point of view! i agree with Front bumper! Then, Chirac's campaign has been partly paid By Rafic Al hariri, then petrol agreements has been refused to France and passed with the USA, that made chirac angry! i don't wanna type more, cos i'm lazy
@+

July 18, 2005 11:04 PM

 
Blogger Yazan said...

@damascene... My fault.. sorry,..

@oz... excuse my poor spelling ;), let me correct u for once "the MOST" not "the More" hehe,
anyways, u really think that the policy of a world power like France depends on the mood of its president?! ;)

July 19, 2005 12:49 AM

 
Blogger Lebanese said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 22, 2005 2:33 PM

 
Blogger Lebanese said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

September 22, 2005 2:33 PM

 
Blogger Lebanese said...

Hello Mr. Bumper,
Well I am lebaneese, and soooo lebanese too. yep arrogant. u could say I am the one your article was talking abt.I'll tell u why we hate syiran. Israel was our enemy as long as you guys were. The difference between you both: Israel said and confirmed that they want our land, maybe a piece of it,..but they admitted it.
Well, you guys said :Syria is Lebanon's "Sister". For 30 years they took advantage of my country , stole the shit out of it.After there were nothing left , they started taking olives trees from the mountains and run away accross the borders. Talk abt Sisterhood!!
If u guys admitted it, it wouldn't piss me off that much. So, my dear, next time u want to talk abt racism or even politics, come and live in lebanon for a day, seeing syirans in every corner, following every nice girl,taking every thing they can steal, listening to every man trying to express his freedom of speech,and his right of democracy ...so u can throw him in jail like a rat and never again hear about him again.
Then after u live this day of hell, come and tell me about our racisim...Oh wait,..that shouldn't be a problem to u..This IS how u live in your Syria!! Well, that's not how the rest of the world is.

Instead of expressing ur anger with ur friends on lebanon, go and figure out how u can change ur own country.That is,if u dared to talk or think other than what your governement asked you too.

September 22, 2005 2:43 PM

 
Blogger Yazan said...

@lebaneese
that was a great speech!
now, before u get carried away and embarrass urself a bit more, try to check THIS post.. ;)

September 23, 2005 1:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home