"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Friday, June 24, 2005

Creep

I haven't really been in the mood for writing all through last week...
I mean, look around, what am I supposed to write about?! ha..?!
have ya noticed that stuff are really going in a weird way all through last week, hell all through this month..
Should I write about George HAWI, should I say how odd it feels to find ppl like QASIR and HAWI dead while the warlords are still there playing their stinky games..?! it doesn't feel so odd after after a while ha?!
well, whatever I write about HAWI is gonna be well worn-out now...
Should I write a thank u letter to the syrian govt. for giving IDs to 225 thousand kurds after 40yrs of under-humane life conditions... well, thanx!! now they should start making the rest of the population feel like real citizens...
Should I write about Abu Jamal's latest lecture about freedom and how the Arab regimes are repressing their citizens and how we need democracy to evolve..?! am I the only one wondering if that was so hard to comprehend while he was still an active vice-president for one of the worst totalitarians in the 80s and 90s??!!
I'm starting to get sick... but I'm not finishing this post before throwing up completely...
Should I write about the closure of "Al-Mubki"?!! less than two weeks after the anti-currption congress...?!!
Should I feel happy because I was right.. because they clearly don't have the intentions or the powers needed for reform...?! am I right?!! I'm still keeping this small hope that I'm not... and I'm gonna hide it very well, otherwise I'm sure they'll be intrigued to come here and arrest IT!!
How bout writing how shocked I was, when god decided to bring down hails of rain in the middle of june...!!! and how soaked I was when I got home that day... well, someone got his share of curses for this...!!
or maybe about how MTV2 is playin Non-Stop "Green Day" while MTV-Hits is playing the new Foo Fighters' amazing single..?! did they flip-flop names or sth?!
or maybe I'd write about how the waiter in the Italian Corner brought us 1 gen-tonic when we asked for 2 and charged us for 4...

no..., non of em feels good enough so I'm just gonna post this line out of Radiohead's "Creep"...
You're so fuckin' special
I wish I was special
But I'm a creep, I'm a weirdo.
What the hell am I doing here?
I don't belong here.

Cheers everybody...

3 Comments:

Blogger Sou said...

You're SO into politics. Rabina ma3ak Yaz...just don't over-exauhst yourself. One day, someday..things are going to be right....

June 24, 2005 8:36 PM

 
Blogger Catherine said...

Funny how many times this is told to Syrians, by other arabs..The thing is, we are not at all obsessed with politics..IT is obsesset with us, It's just that politics is imposed on so much in our lives even detailes...I remember when a Syrian recently said that he felt embaressed when his arab friend asked him, shocked : Do you really need an authorization of the security secret police to open a vegetable shop? ( or what ever silliy little thing it was..Can'tremember exactly..)
Anyway..Listem to some good music..That always help the mood!

June 25, 2005 5:40 AM

 
Blogger Yazan said...

@Symbols.. check Catherine's comment...
and I'd like to think that I played a part (no matter how small) in making THAT day ur talking about a bit closer...
over exhaust myself?! that's under-estimating me hun ;) !!!

@Catherine... can't agree more... but I'd put it in another way... I feel like policy is an instinct in Syrians.. and I'm proud of the fact that after 40yrs of attempts to kill this instinct... they couldn't...!!! it still manages to find ways of expressing itself... if u look at it that way u'll see that I'm not a politics-freak.. I'm just a Syrian.. hehe

I was a bit depressed about the MTV2 thingy... I felt sooo betrayed!! hehe... but yeah good music always helpful! ;)

June 25, 2005 8:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home