"To the impartial eye, the world not only seems an unlikely one-off phenomenon, but a constant strain on reason. If reason exists, that is, if a neutral reason exists. So speaks the voice from within. So speaks Joker's voice." - Jostein Gaarder

Saturday, June 25, 2005

13 things I now know about university

soo... I just finished my last exam in my first year at university life..!! I just finished 1/5 of my higher education... academic life.. [hopefuly I'm not gonna be stuck in first year]... so, it's been exactly 9 months... what did I come up with since last september...

-The honor of studying in the main library... before it turned into a meeting place and then into a cafe... and now I hear they're planning to start raves over there next semister.. they just need some lighting installations during summer...
-Accomplished the dream of every high-schooler of hanging out in "tijara" and skipping classes...
-Getting over the fact that we are the only faculty in this whole univ. with no Cafeteria... and getting over the phobia of buying drinks from other cafes...
-A good laugh whenever I remember our "Computing Basics" prof's 30min thesis about how VS.NET isn't an OOP platform.
-A hillarious laugh when I heard that that same prof is the dean of our faculty.
-A well-learnt lesson not to get into fights with ur profs cuz u may never actually pass their course ever again...
-Being a real idiot and answering the "How does a computer work?" dumb question with a bright supposed-to-be-sarcastic answer "Sharply and Brilliantly."... True, everybody laughed that day.. but it wasn't quite cool when I got 13/20 on my exam paper...
-Having the memory of an all-white-dressed-blonde tripping and falling with her nose on my shoe infront of more than 500ppl in "tijara"... never seen her since.. I think she dropped out or sth...
-534209437 ways of sneaking around and not getting to meet the guys from "al-hay2a al-edaryeh"... I donno why I hate them... nothing personal, but seems like theri jobs are to flatten ppl and shut em up and choke every single bit of creativity that might actually bloom!!!
-settling on 77% in my Communication Skills project [I busted my ass for 3 weeks on that one] about "Linux and OSS" because I didn't write the prof's name on the cover sheet while some peeps got 100% talking about "Bermuda". YEAH THE TRIANGLE!!!
-Fell in love with these little nescafe machines.
-I still donno why I'm always 5 mins late... I mean if I could make it there on 8:05 why can't I be there 8:00 sharp, and spare myself a couple smart-ass remarks from profs thinking that they're being quite funny!!! still a mystery.. maybe next year..
-Added some point to my putting-up with ppl skills and found some ppl who can actually put up with me.. [we even had bets on How Long they can?!]...

Well, u know me... I can only point at the dark side...

cheers

5 Comments:

Blogger Stellar said...

You know? It's quite humorous. Hehehe...

I've got to know other things about college life in general. You know what though? I miss it. The fun and just doing half of the things you did. Hehehe. no worries..

Good luck in your next step of life. :D Enjoy it while you can.

June 25, 2005 10:31 PM

 
Blogger Yazan said...

well.. I got 3 months now to miss it. hehe...

college is great... stupid sometimes and pretty cruel at others but it's still full of life... I love that!! especially the part when u get to see new faces almost everyday!!

June 26, 2005 6:17 AM

 
Blogger marco said...

hi! Nice blog, congratulations!

greetings from spain ;)

June 27, 2005 7:30 AM

 
Blogger Yazan said...

@sleepless... well.. thx a lot, glad u like it...

cheers from syria ;)

June 27, 2005 7:50 AM

 
Blogger Sinan said...

May be he was talking about VB :P

July 05, 2005 7:26 PM

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home